Sunday, September 27, 2026

A MAGA Sheriff Seized 650,000 Ballots. He Didn’t See Four Voters Coming. We’re down to only 37 days left until the midterms

                 

 LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER.....

OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM!

ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON

MIDDLEBORO REVIEW AND SO ON

BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE TRUTH OR FACTS!

BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE FUND RAISERS AND DELETES

POSTS THAT INCLUDE FUNDRAISING THAT 'VIOLATES THEIR

UNDEFINED COMMUNITY STANDARDS SO ALL 'FUND RAISING'

IS DELETED - CONTRIBUTE AS YOU ARE INCLINED TO SUPPORT

IMPORTANT ISSUES! THESE ARE NOT SOLICITATIONS


Tucked into footnote 7 of the California Supreme Court's ruling: the justices say AI tools apparently helped the sheriff's lawyers misquote one of their own past decisions, and they sent the matter to the State Bar. You only find that by reading every page. Help us keep reading them and keep the pressure campaigns running. Become a founding member, or give a gift subscription to someone who needs this in their inbox.


A MAGA Sheriff Seized 650,000 Ballots. He Didn’t See Four Voters Coming.

Also: Nevada checks DHS’s “noncitizens” and finds citizens, a judge throws out Trump’s lawsuit against a pollster, and Illinois writes the AI rules Washington won’t.

Almost every fraud claim from Trump and his allies fell apart this week once somebody actually read the paperwork.

Before we jump in, be sure to hit the ❤️ like button on this one. Then tap the two circling arrows—that’s the restack button. That’s how it reaches someone who heard the claim that Nevada had thousands of noncitizen voters but never heard how the story ended. You can deliver that to them.

We investigate the Trump regime relentlessly so you get the truth instead of their lies. Then we organize one of the largest pressure campaigns ever—delivering millions of letters to Congress since 2016, and running an unmatched social media Watchdog Coalition that puts the facts in front of people billions of times a month.

Help us keep up this work and flip Congress by becoming a paid subscriber today.



Four Voters Took On A Sheriff And Won


Chad Bianco thought he knew better than the people who count the votes.

He’s the sheriff of Riverside County, California—a MAGA Republican who ran for governor and lost. After last November’s special election, a local “election integrity” group told Bianco’s office that 45,896 ballots didn’t add up. Art Tinoco, the county’s top election official, said the real gap was only 103. The bigger number wouldn’t have even changed the outcome—everyone agreed on that fact.

But Bianco had already made up his mind. He got a judge to sign a secret search warrant the day before Tinoco spoke. And when Attorney General Rob Bonta asked Bianco to hold off, he moved his raid up by a day.

Bianco’s deputies took roughly 650,000 ballots out of the elections office and locked them where only his people could reach them. The day after Bonta took him to court, deputies came back for 11 more pallets of election materials.

Then four voters, Clarissa Cervantes among them, sued their own sheriff to get their ballots returned to the registrar. On Thursday, California’s Supreme Court unanimously ruled in their favor. “We hold that the seizure of the ballots was unlawful,” Chief Justice Patricia Guerrero wrote. In a second ruling the same day, the court froze the investigation. Bianco has to hand the ballots back.

On top of the court’s rulings, California just made it a felony for any local or state official to grab ballots before the votes are made official. “Come November,” Bonta promised, “we’re ready for whatever comes our way.” Clarissa and three of her neighbors already showed how it’s done.


Nevada Called Trump’s Voter Fraud Bluff


In July, Trump went on primetime TV and claimed the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) found around 278,000 noncitizens registered to vote. DHS told Nevada that as many as 15,903 were on the state’s rolls. In response, state officials asked a simple question: who?

On a recorded call in August, Secretary of State chief deputy C. Murphy Hebert pressed the regime: “So what you’re saying is the 15,000 number has not been vetted?” A DHS official conceded it “hasn’t had a full manual review of each one.” DHS then sent over 185 people it said it had confirmed by hand. It had no names—just ID numbers.

This week, Nevada wrote back. According to the state’s records, all 185 are citizens. “You have provided nothing of substance to suggest otherwise,” Deputy Attorney General Greg Ott wrote. DHS calls Nevada’s account “false” and still hasn’t turned over its full list.

The story keeps shifting, too. In July, DHS told Nevada thousands of names matched on Social Security numbers. By September it was telling Pennsylvania, where it had made the same claim, that it hadn’t used Social Security numbers at all.

Ott said Nevada has a strong interest in preventing “the wrongful disenfranchisement of voters.” The state refuses to knock eligible voters off the rolls—especially over a number DHS can’t back up.


The Pollster Who Beat Trump In Court


Ann Selzer polled Iowa for nearly 40 years. Only days before the 2024 election, her final poll showed then-Vice President Kamala Harris ahead by three points. Trump won Iowa by 13 points, then sued Selzer.

On Wednesday, District Judge Scott Beattie threw the case out. For argument’s sake, he assumed Trump’s wildest allegations were true: that it was a rigged sample with made-up numbers, and Selzer knew it. Trump’s lawyers called the poll a defective “product” to try and get around free speech protections. Beattie wasn’t buying it: “The rights protected by the First Amendment are not a word game.” Every claim failed.

Trump’s own words helped sink him. Two days before the election, he told NBC it was “a fake poll done by a Trump hater.” You can’t say you were fooled by a poll you were publicly calling fake, the judge reasoned.

The dismissal is with prejudice, so Trump can’t refile, and he and his two co-plaintiffs owe the court costs. His legal team says he’ll appeal to Iowa’s Supreme Court.

Beattie named the real danger in cases like this. Letting one drag on, he wrote, “can discourage others from reporting on and debating public affairs.” Selzer refused to back down, and she won. The ruling, she said, “reaffirms the fundamental freedom to pursue and publish the truth without political interference.”


Pritzker Didn’t Wait For Washington


On September 21, Donald Trump got on Truth Social and called the fear of artificial intelligence a “hoax.” The next day, Illinois moved anyway.

On Tuesday, Gov. JB Pritzker signed an order creating an AI Cabinet, which puts together a group of health, emergency, utility and police officials, among others, to protect people from AI and the companies behind it. They’ll recommend rules to make data centers meet safety standards before they get tax breaks, keep those centers from driving up electric bills, and make AI companies pay when their products hurt someone.

In July, Pritzker signed the first law in the country that—beginning in 2028—requires large AI companies to submit to independent safety audits on a yearly basis. Starting in January 2027, they’ll also have to report any serious safety failures to the state within 72 hours, including when their own AI tries to slip past its safety controls. Break the law, and the state can fine them up to $1 million, then up to $3 million for each violation after that.

Trump built a Justice Department task force whose one job is to challenge state AI laws, and in April the department joined Elon Musk’s AI company in court to block Colorado’s. Trump keeps betting nobody will stand up to him. Illinois just did.


We’re down to only 37 days left until the midterms—five more Sundays. I know how some mornings feel—it’s a long slog. Then a week like this comes along and reminds us that we’re winning.

Thanks to our readers, this operation is completely independent. Nobody can call me and spike a story. There’s no advertiser I have to keep happy and no billionaire owner reading over my shoulder. So we get to spend days inside the court papers, then turn what we find into hundreds of thousands of letters stacked on lawmakers’ desks.

Join us as a paid subscriber right now to fuel this work through the stretch that decides everything.


And before you go, hit the ❤️ like button and restack. Four voters in Riverside took on their own sheriff and won in front of a unanimous court. Somebody out there who’s been told elections can’t be trusted needs to see that. Your restack carries it to them.

Onward!

Scott


Has anyone ever told you your vote might not count? What did you do?



Thanks for your support! Another way to help us out is by gifting subscriptions to friends and family! You can get yours by clicking the link.

For all contact Congress links, or to volunteer, you can go here: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/sign-up-for-the-watchdog-coalition


If you have two minutes today, put direct pressure on their staff across these three fronts:

Force a Vote on Pete Hegseth’s Impeachment

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-congress-impeach-pete-hegseth/

Kill the Yosemite Luxury Land Swap

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-congress-stop-trumps-yosemite-giveaway

Demand the Unredacted Epstein Files

https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-congress-demand-acting-ag-blanche-release-all-of-the-epstein-files-now/


JUST A FEW OF MANY COMMENTS: 

The part I can’t shake is the timing. Warrant signed one day. County explains the real numbers the next. He already had the paper in his pocket. And four people still beat him.

Illinois didn’t wait for Washington to grow a spine on AI. Pritzker signed. That’s the model. Don’t sit around for permission from the people who called the fear a hoax.

If you’ve ever had someone talk about your vote like it was a rumor, this edition is the receipt. Hand it to them.


Four voters sued their own sheriff and the whole court lined up behind them. That’s the part I want sitting in someone’s head all week. If somebody told you this week that nothing you do matters, send them Clarissa’s name.

Somebody in your life has been told their ballot is the problem. This week the paperwork said the opposite. That’s why we keep opening the filings. If this landed, restack it for the person who stopped believing the documents still work.

Grateful we get to do this work with you. A footnote sent lawyers to the State Bar. A recorded call made DHS admit the big number wasn’t vetted. That’s not noise. That’s what your support pays for. Thank you for being here on a Sunday.


Thanks Sam for your upbeat and terse comments. I look forward to reading them. Have a great Sunday.


Sam, thank you for opening up on the fraud spewing from the 'regime'. They won't break the mindful citizens standing for our voters' rights. Thank you, Scott, for your work to reveal the courage of citizens and jurists in Nevada to push back on inept DHS fraud, and the resolve of Ann Selzer and Gov. Pritzker to defang the dictator wannabe.


Dennis, I don’t feel EVIL T is a wannabe Dictator. He has proven he is worse than HITLER #2!!!


Question:

Did the list that DHS used to "identify" 16,000 non citizens on Nevada's voter rolls come from the same bullshit database the SCOTUS just ruled they could use to verify voters? Because that seems problematic.


The State fought back and just released a report saying that 16,000 number literally dropped to zero (0). Now the media needs to do their job and make this a headline showing how error prone this approach is and calling out the lies.


Yeah *whatever* list they used they need to ... not. I just want to know if this is the one SCOTUS just authorized. Because if it *is* and they *knew* about this, that could credibly be called election tampering.



I'm in Michigan and received my ballot a few days ago. Easy to fill out. Straight Dem ticket with one dot filled in. Will be dropping off at township hall this week.


Agree with the 'drop off' method. We will be doing the same!


I have to have mine notarized, then off it goes!! My schedule got rearranged, as it often does, or it would’ve gone last week.


The other day I was remembering the pollster in Iowa as to whatever happened because I remember tRump saying he was gonna sue Selzer and I’m glad it was thrown out. I am so sick of tRump trying to sue just because he doesn’t like whatever. This was good news definitely. Thanks for this Scott. ONWARD we go!


Very good on Pritzker for looking forward to potential AI problems. All governors need to take notice and follow suit.


Why isn't this SHERIFF BEING PROSECUTED!!!! WTF!!!


I wondered that too.


I make sure my vote is counted by checking with my county election office. They get these requests all the time and are happy to help. (California)


My clerk is awesome. They actually email me when my ballot is accepted so I don't even have to call! But great that you have a way to double check.


Arizona does the same thing. Our mail-in voting is very popular here. 


This defines ARIZONA's SUCCESS:

Approximately 80% of Arizona voters choose to vote by mail, with nearly 90% of ballots cast in 2020 being mail-in ballots. In 2022, 75% of voters signed up to receive early ballots, indicating a strong preference for mail-in voting options.


No standing in line! VOTE in your pajamas! No POLLING PERSONNEL! WIN! WIN! ALL AROUND!

And the lies keep on coming from the Trump regime. Thanks Scott Dworkin for keeping this gang honest - we know that’s hard work!


Regarding Trump's losses in court: we need to remind ourselves that Donald himself isn't paying for any of this. Not the lawyers, not the penalties. You and I and all taxpayers are paying for it. It'd be interesting to know how much we have spent persecuting Trump's enemies and fighting his imaginary battles.


Scott, any updates on those ballots in California and if they have (all of them) actually been returned?


Great news. I had been wondering what happened to that Ann Selzer lawsuit. That is great news. They just keep losing. I have only 4 weeks to be able to early vote. Every move they make is making them more and more unpopular. It's honestly shocking to watch the depths of their incompetence.


Thanks! I contacted my governor and urged him to follow Illinois’ example!


It’s not just incompetence, it’s criminality by every GOP MAGAT in office!!


Yeah for some reason I don't think the criminality is hurting them as much as their incompetence. If they had just robbed us blind I think their poll numbers would be better. He just had to keep gas prices down and not enter a stupid illegal war. But no... They are so stupid they thought they could just bomb Iran into submission. They have drunks in charge of the DOD and FBI. The damage done by their utter incompetence is mind boggling, and every solution they come up with makes things even worse. But I am with you that for me the criminality of this band of thieves is more upsetting than their utter incompetence. I just think they are too incompetent to rig the elections, they are certainly willing to break the law.


people always have something to say to dissuade you from doing something positive, (your degree won't count, your vote won't count, etc, etc). Do it anyway! What did I do? I voted! By mail! Early!

BTW, I LOVE Pritzker! Intelligent & productive. And Sane!

cheers to all those who stand up & speak out & DO IT ANYWAY!


“Trump built a Justice Department task force whose one job is to challenge state AI laws, and in April the department joined Elon Musk’s AI company in court to block Colorado’s.”

As a Coloradoan, I am very interested to know what happened with my states’ efforts to regulate AI?

And I hate musk - but wasn’t he one of the tech biggies saying AI *needs* regulation??


No one has ever told me that my vote might not count, but there have been times when I've thought, "Well, so-and-so are voting in opposition to each other, so we'll cancel each other out," but I have voted nonetheless. It's a privilege and a right - one that is not universally accorded. And regardless of the circumstances and the outcome, participating in elections . . . exercising that right and that privilege, feels wholly satisfying. (Plus, it earns me the right to complain.)


I have a friend who felt at the beginning of summer that her vote didn’t count. I reminded her of a similar situation written by a great substacker who wrote: [“what’s ONE straw?” said 2 million people.”]

I recently heard her say she was planning to vote in her hometown of Vermillion when she returns early October. I hope she does. But I’ll more than likely text or call her after I vote to tell her how good it felt!

There have been occasions when ONE vote was the difference other than John McCain’s no vote in the Senate. Was that for healthcare? I can’t recall now but when I know the details, it’s going to serve as an EXCELLENT example!


Thanks for all, Scott! It's really helpful to have the links provided to write these important letters. All completed. Hope it is ok to share this: https://kettering.org/j-michael-luttig-on-the-battle-for-americas-democracy/

If everyone will repost the link and follow Judge Luttig's advice - we are well on our way to more wins!


Be careful about Luttig, he has written some things that are not exactly legally accurate. See Robert Hubbell about that. And he’s now an official “talking head”.


Thanks, Pam. I did read his article this morning and was much relieved. I just couldn't 'get over it' so I researched a bit more and found the video on Kettering.org. Just to be safe, I will contact my representatives because I have zero faith in this corrupt regime to do anything for the American people and a demented man trapped in a corner can't be trusted with the keys to a nuclear arsenal. However unlikely the outcome on Jan 3, with SCOTUS in his back pocket, I will take no chances.

I have never been exposed to such blatant lies about rigged elections so no, I’ve never been concerned about my vote not counting. But this regime has me on edge and the Riverside Sheriff makes me not trust law enforcement. He should not be running a police department!


Voted anyway. Was hard to find time to vote in my 30s while working and finishing my MBA. Registered Independent. When I met my future husband, lifelong Republican, he role modeled that voting was a duty and a privilege. Haven't missed voting for 44 years, even though we canceled each other out for many years. He finally saw the light this year, at 97, and said 'just tell me what Democrats to vote for'. 🥰


The BIGGEST #1 FRAUD in America is DonOLD!!! Remember that when you vote OUT every single Republican Enabler everywhere in America. And THEN get to work holding them ALL accountable, including the Roberts 6 and the his Billionaires...... (And do NOT "buy" the Bullshit in the ads the Billionaires are pouring into campaigns - they are trying to literally BUY more politicians for their sinister plans for the rest of us.....)


Yes - I voted anyway. Down ticket…every time. For whoever I felt was best choice regardless of which Party (though that’s been a no-brainer in recent years!!!)


⬆️"Has anyone ever told you your vote might not count? What did you do?"

Not exactly. But due to a SNAFU by the NC Board of Election, someone with my name who moved to NC (between the primaries and the general election) was assigned my voter ID, which they processed as a change of address for ME (instead of giving her a separate voter record). Date of birth and last 4 of SSN are supposed to be the check that ensures this does not happen, but in this instance it FAILED. This was long before Trump, so I don't think this was an attempt at voter suppression - just a careless mistake on the part of whoever was doing data entry.

Usually, I vote in person during the early voting period, but that year I was voting on Election Day. (I do not remember why). In NC, we have same-day voter registration during early voting, but not on election day.

So I had to vote a provisional ballot, and the only way my vote would count was if I went to the county BoE and "proved" that I had NOT moved within (at that time) a 10-day period after election day. (The cure period has since been shortened). The BoE office is only open 9 - 5 (IIRC) on weekdays. Fortunately my schedule was flexible, so it was not the burden it would have been for many people.

I now ONLY vote during the Early Voting period and I check my voter registration regularly. I also urge all my friends to do the same!


Voting for D’s in SC is like buying a lottery ticket, you know you won’t win, but you do it anyway with hope that you’ll be lucky this time!


I just read my morning newsletter from Robert Reich. He says he's "nauseously optimistic" about the upcoming election because he can see the progress we're making against the regime, but there is SO much at stake. This week I'm just grateful that I get your daily email, Scott. I think the next 5 weeks are going to be pretty scary. I am also "nauseously optimistic. Cheers!


Yesterday, a pal said he wasn't going to vote because everthing and everyone he'd vote for was way ahead and was going to win. I told him what I write to my local paper every year: "If you don't vote, you can't complain. Do not give up your right to complain. Vote!"


Thanks Scott, the story about the Riverside, CA Sheriff - the, ‘Hanging Chad’, is deeply disturbing. Obviously any chain of custody argument regarding any claims about the validity of those ballots is out the door with the baby and the bathwater, but I am gratified to hear the court finally ruled the seizure itself was illegal. But the entire story is of a piece with the current administration’s effort to convince people that mail-in ballots and the voting systems of all fifty states are suspect. I do believe the constant drumbeat about mail in ballots will have some success in the area of voter suppression when coupled with threats to use ICE and other Federal Agents being physically present at the polls (especially in majority-minority locales) to insure, ‘election security’ at the polls. Some voters faced with uncertainty about mail in ballots and harassment at the polls may decide not to vote at all. And that, partially, is the intent behind the effort, to suppress voter turnout. Obviously the other half of the argument is being prepared to identify any losses as invalid, fake and fraudulent …..


Who do you think you are stealing legal ballots? That is a crime Mr sheriff. GO TO JAIL YOU CRIMINAL POS. Don't pass go and don't collect 200.


WHY.....With all the following information passed on to you, and as a member of "We the People's" AMERICAN CONGRESSIONAL PARTY, elected by "We the People"', haven't you STOOD TALLER than the Mike Johnson People who abruptly canceled the last day of work before a roughly eight-week recess in order to avoid voting on impeaching Pete Hegseth until after the midterm elections in November.?

The latest impeachment resolution was being put forward by Republican Thomas Massie (R-Ky).

WHY.....Didn't "We the People" STAND TALL BESIDE HIM?

Rep. Yassamin Ansari (D-Ariz.) had previously introduced articles of impeachment against Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth for war crimes following President Trump’s planned strikes on Iran’s bridges, desalination plants and power plants.

WHY.....DIDN'T "WE THE PEOPLE" STAND TALL BESIDE HER?

My name is Judith B Ferris of Surry Maine and I am questioning;

WHY THE HELL AREN'T WE STANDING TALLER THAN THOSE WHO WANT TO TEAR US DOWN, DIVIDE US, AND ALLOW THEIR CRIMES TO GO UNNOTICED AND UN-ATTENDED?

What has happened to "WE THE PEOPLE", in these past 250 years..... to make "OUR" AMERICA..... "OUR" GREAT UNITED STATES.....SUCH AN EVIL PLACE!🤷‍♀️

I HAVE HEARD OF HELL, But NEVER dreamed we would become THAT PLACE.😢

Our HERITAGE has proven time and time again, that we MAKE laws to PROTECT "THE PEOPLE"!

So, I guess I come to my FINAL QUESTION.....

"WHY DO WE VOTE?"

If it doesn't matter anymore?

If our delegates, the chosen ones we believed would do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to protect, not just US, but ALL OF U.S.A..... WHY ARE WE GOING TO VOTE?

The ULTIMATE ANSWER IS......

"THE CHOICE TO VOTE.... IS THE PEOPLES CHOICE..... "

"THE CHOICE TO UPHOLD OUR CHOICE.....ARE THE PEOPLE WE TRUSTED TO UPHOLD THE REASON WE CHOSE THEM"

Thank You for reading.

Judy


AG Bonta 🤔 is the AG who caved regarding the Paramount merger, allowing it to go forward, yet he is the "good guy" in this ballot- seizure win for voters. I wonder what caused Bonta to -in a way- play both sides. Piqued curiosity is mine.... I appreciate SO MUCH that you noted trump's own words sunk him. BOOM! When he & his are held accountable, trump's own words will do most of the heavy lifting for his weighty guilt. And I love that for him & moreso for us. ...The notion of 'my vote not counting' makes me bristle. Kudos to the four voters who chased down their ballots! That's people power!


The sheriff was not authorized to take the ballots.


DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS only COUNTS MARKS on a BALLOT! 

There is a PAPER BALLOT available for re-counts. 

Sometimes MARKS are not clear or go beyond the lines, which causes a problem in recounts. 


FOX NEWS = FAKE NEWS LIARS settled a lawsuit (that taxpayers will fund because it's their deduction). RUPERT MURDOCH testified - HE KNEW THEY WERE LYING and did it for the RATINGS! 

(If you care, there's a great deal of information available including emails.)


Dominion Voting Systems filed a defamation lawsuit against Fox News in March 2021, seeking $1.6 billion in damages for false claims about election fraud. The case was settled in April 2023 for $787.5 million, marking one of the largest payouts in a defamation case.


The SMARTMATIC lawsuit is pending. 

NOTE that other right-wing outlets quietly settled. 


WHAT FAUX THOUGHT OF VIEWERS:

Published 21:01 13 Mar 2023 GMT

Ex-Tucker Carlson producer says Fox News' audience is made up of 'dumb, cousin-f***ing terrorists'

excerpt:

A former producer on Tucker Carlson's show said Fox News' audience are 'dumb, cousin-f***ing terrorists'

Over a million pages of internal messages between Fox News employees has revealed that a former producer for Tucker Carlson compared election deniers to 'negotiating with terrorists'.

A huge amount of information has been released as part of the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News by Dominion Voting Systems.

The lawsuit filed by the electronic voting machine manufacturer says that members of the Republican party had accused them of being partly responsible for Donald Trump's loss to Joe Biden.

In the aftermath of Joe Biden's 2020 election victory, Trump took a long time to concede defeat and while Trump later admitted that he didn't win the election he continued to claim the vote was rigged.

Investigations after the elections found no evidence of voter fraud, while court filings found that the Trump campaign knew that claims of vote machine rigging were untrue.

Despite this claims that the vote was rigged continued to persist from Trump supporters, and files released in connection to Dominion's lawsuit against Fox News have revealed some of the internal conversations going on around that time.

https://www.unilad.com/news/tucker-carlson-producer-fox-news-dumb-terrorists-508427-20230313






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

What we're building in New Hampshire

                                   LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER..... OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM! ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON MIDDLEBORO REV...