LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER.....
OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM!
ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON
MIDDLEBORO REVIEW AND SO ON
BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE TRUTH OR FACTS!
BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE FUND RAISERS AND DELETES
POSTS THAT INCLUDE FUNDRAISING THAT 'VIOLATES THEIR
UNDEFINED COMMUNITY STANDARDS SO ALL 'FUND RAISING'
IS DELETED - CONTRIBUTE AS YOU ARE INCLINED TO SUPPORT
IMPORTANT ISSUES! THESE ARE NOT SOLICITATIONS
Nobody’s coming to save us
I want to tell you a story about why I got into politics in the first place.
I know you’ve heard from me a lot since I earned the Democratic nomination in Maine.
And I know you’re probably being bombarded with messages from all sorts of folks asking you to donate before the end of the month.
I’m sure you’re getting emails and texts about what your donation could do.
This isn’t one of those messages.
I want to tell you a story about why I got into politics in the first place.
This story starts back in 1998, when I was working as a logger and a greedy landowner tried to screw my fellow loggers and me out of fair wages. I got together a group of loggers who were pissed off about what was happening, and we went up and blockaded the northern border of Maine to demand fair treatment.
I didn’t lead that blockade to make a political statement. I did it because we were tired of being ignored. Tired of watching our communities hollow out while the people in charge lined their pockets and looked the other way. A whole bunch of politicians, including then-first-term Senator Susan Collins, promised to listen, but they left us high and dry. People in positions of power have a responsibility to listen to their constituents and respond to their struggles, and that’s not what was happening. I realized pretty quick that nothing would change unless there were working-class voices who actually understood this life in those powerful rooms.
That’s why I went on to run for and serve 20 years in the Maine legislature.
While I was in the legislature, I worked hard to create the kind of government I wished had existed for me. I sponsored and passed landmark legislation to make school breakfasts and lunches free for every child in Maine. We invested in child care, housing, and healthcare across the state. We passed paid family medical leave.
I cosponsored and got signed into law some of the country’s strongest reproductive freedom protections. I fought every single day for the people of Maine, no matter where they live or how they vote, and I will continue to do so if the great people of Maine send me to the U.S. Senate.
I’m in this race because Susan Collins has left every single Mainer, including me, in the dust for way too long. She’s always “concerned” about the dangerous and reckless actions of this administration, but she’s voted with Donald Trump 96% of the time.
I’m in this race because nobody else is coming to save us. It’s up to this team.
I have a lot of work to do in these next 95 days to reach every single voter in Maine so that we can win this election, send Susan Collins and her so-called concerns packing, and take back our Democratic Senate majority.
Tonight at midnight is my first campaign fundraising goal since we kicked this thing off a week ago, and what we can raise right now is going to have a big impact on what we can do before November.
Thank you,
Troy

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.