LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER.....
OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM!
ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON
MIDDLEBORO REVIEW AND SO ON
BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE TRUTH OR FACTS!
BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE FUND RAISERS AND DELETES
POSTS THAT INCLUDE FUNDRAISING THAT 'VIOLATES THEIR
UNDEFINED COMMUNITY STANDARDS SO ALL 'FUND RAISING'
IS DELETED - CONTRIBUTE AS YOU ARE INCLINED TO SUPPORT
IMPORTANT ISSUES! THESE ARE NOT SOLICITATIONS
I cover politics all across the country, but I especially like to keep up with what’s happening in Ohio, where I spent the first 22 years of my life. In 2024, for example, I reported extensively on Republican Bernie Moreno’s campaign to unseat longtime Democratic incumbent Sen. Sherrod Brown. But just as Moreno was celebrating a hard-fought victory, his daughter was in the early stages of getting divorced from another Ohio Republican, Rep. Max Miller. “Boy, I bet work is about to get awkward for these guys,” I thought at the time. Two years later, Moreno is now the senior senator for Ohio, and Miller is campaigning for a third term while still in the throes of a heated custody battle with Moreno’s daughter, Emily. Her court filings paint a troubling picture of Miller, including allegations that he physically and emotionally abused her and possibly abused other women. And that’s just the stuff from their custody case. In all, I went through more than 2,000 pages of police reports and court records about the Cleveland-area congressman. (Content warning: The story also includes details about an investigation into potential child abuse.) Given the subject matter, this was an incredibly difficult story to write. However, I think it raises important questions about Miller’s fitness for public office, and I hope you’ll give it a read. —Abby Vesoulis |
|
|
|
Police reports and filings in a bitter custody dispute raise new questions about the conduct of an Ohio Republican as he campaigns for a third term. |
|
|
|
MOTHER JONES MEMBERSHIP UPDATE |
SERIOUSLY RELENTLESS JOURNALISM |
Talk about the dog days of summer! Life slows down when it's 100 degrees outside. Fundraising slows down too. And that can be a real problem for a nonprofit newsroom like ours. Good thing Mother Jones has been serving up a cold splash of the truth since 1976. Help keep us covering every story and following every lead with a new gift today. A monthly gift on your credit card is even more powerful and helps us plan ahead and invest in the next story. Because journalism doesn’t take a summer break—we can take the heat. |
|
|
|
I spoke with former members of the agency. They said to expect even more conflict. |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.