Friday, September 4, 2026

A Lipan Apache Organizer Stopped Trump’s $1.2 Billion Wall

                                                                    

LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER.....

OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM!

ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON

MIDDLEBORO REVIEW AND SO ON

BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE TRUTH OR FACTS!

BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE FUND RAISERS AND DELETES

POSTS THAT INCLUDE FUNDRAISING THAT 'VIOLATES THEIR

UNDEFINED COMMUNITY STANDARDS SO ALL 'FUND RAISING'

IS DELETED - CONTRIBUTE AS YOU ARE INCLINED TO SUPPORT

IMPORTANT ISSUES! THESE ARE NOT SOLICITATIONS



A Lipan Apache Organizer Stopped Trump’s $1.2 Billion Wall

Plus: a doctor won back the whistleblower law a Trump judge threw out, Missouri’s high court erased Trump’s new congressional map, and a town of 15,000 stopped the first data center on public land


Thanks so much for being here. I have some huge wins against Trump and his regime in this edition. A great way to wrap up the week.

We’ve been doing this since 2016, out in front against the MAGA movement. Fighting their lies and propaganda every single day. Right now we are running huge pushes to pressure Congress—letters in their inboxes, and a social media operation they can’t ignore—on top of our investigations and reporting. That’s the work. We need you in it.

Since we are truly independent, all of our funding comes from our amazing community here. So if you haven’t yet, help us flip Congress and turn Trump into a lame duck by becoming a paid subscriber today.

And before we jump in, be sure to like and restack this edition, especially to share the story of Christina Hernandez, who stopped the regime’s bulldozers at Big Bend. Your share could deliver the inspiration someone needs to keep going.


Trump Redrew Missouri’s Map. A Court Just

 Erased It.


Last September, Trump told Republicans to redraw congressional districts and pick up seats. Missouri Governor Mike Kehoe called a special session and did just that. The new map cut apart Kansas City and rebuilt the 5th District into one Trump could have carried by 17 points, drawn to end the career of Democratic Congressman Emanuel Cleaver.

Then people got signatures. Enough of them to force a statewide vote, filed by a group called People Not Politicians.

On Thursday, the Missouri Supreme Court ruled for them, unanimously. Judge Ginger Gooch barred the state from using the new districts in November or “at any other time thereafter”—unless voters approve them first.

The state’s attorney general is appealing, but for now the old lines will stay. Rep. Cleaver runs in the same district he won by 24 points. Republicans need every seat they can steal to hold the House—a petition drive in Missouri just took one back off the board.


The First Data Center On Public Land Just Got

 Stopped


Boulder City, Nevada, is a town of 15,000 outside Las Vegas, and 80 acres of federal land sit inside its limits. A developer from Texas, backed by a hedge fund, wanted to build a data center there. It would be the first ever approved on federal public land.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) claimed they did a study of a 19-megawatt solar farm on that same ground back in 2023. Three years later, it used that study to green-light four buildings covering 300,000 square feet and drawing 167 megawatts. Both are “industrial uses,” BLM wrote, involving technologies “predominantly electrical and solid-state in nature.”

The city council appealed, saying no one consulted them about a project within their own boundaries. Separately, the Center for Biological Diversity and the Sierra Club challenged the approval as well.

They took it to the Interior Board of Land Appeals. It’s where you go when BLM already approved something and you want it undone. On Tuesday, Administrative Judge David Gunter stopped the project cold and said the appeals will likely win. Applying the National Environmental Policy Act “requires common sense,” he wrote. “A 300,000-square foot data center is a different project from a 19-MW solar power generating facility.”

BLM is still weighing more of these on public land across Nevada. It’s never studied what a single one of them does to the ground it sits on.


She Wouldn’t Sign It. It Took Seven Years.


At the VIPcare clinic in Venice, Florida, Dr. Clarissa Zafirov was the only physician on staff. According to her lawsuit, every morning she was handed a list of extra diagnoses to add to her patients’ charts that their symptoms and test results didn’t support. Each one would mean more Medicare money for the clinic.

Dr. Zafirov refused to write them down, so she says management came after her bonus. When that failed, they questioned if she knew about medicine at all.

In May of 2019, she sued over it. The False Claims Act, a law signed by Abraham Lincoln in 1863, lets an ordinary person drag a thief into court on the government’s behalf. The government looked at her case and passed on it, so she went at it alone.

Then a Trump-appointed judge threw her out of court. Not because the fraud didn’t happen—she never got that far. Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle decided a whistleblower suing for the government is basically a federal officer, and nobody made Dr. Zafirov one. She “appointed herself,” the judge wrote. “This she may not do.”

Had that held, every whistleblower case the government refused to back would’ve collapsed. Suits like hers have already returned $7.9 billion to taxpayers.

A Trump judge tried to close that door. On Tuesday, the Eleventh Circuit threw that ruling out, unanimously, in an opinion written by another Trump appointee. Whistleblowers can still sue. Dr. Zafirov’s case is back on, seven years after she refused to sign.


Christina Hernandez Found The Law They Forgot


Big Bend National Park is 800,000 acres of desert and canyon along the Rio Grande in West Texas. In June the government moved to cut patrol roads, vehicle barriers, and detection technology through it, and signed a separate $1,223,124,000 contract for the border wall going up just outside.

Christina Hernandez is Lipan Apache and runs the group that sued to stop it. Her ancestors are buried along that river. She has remains waiting to be returned to one of those sites and cannot set a date for the ceremony, because she does not know if the site will survive.

Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin has a trick for this. He signs one waiver and a law no longer applies. He did it to at least 28 of them. The Endangered Species Act. The Clean Water Act. The statute protecting Native graves. Then four that were written just for Big Bend, crossed off one at a time.

There were five. The one Mullin skipped keeps the Park Service in charge of protecting Big Bend. Mullin also skipped two more that limit how far the regime can go in blocking someone’s religious practice.

Hernandez took those three rules Mullin skipped to a federal judge. And on August 28, when the judge asked the regime’s lawyers what they’re actually building, they had no answer. Both sides agreed to stop turning any earth until they meet and the government lays out what the project actually is. The judge hears the case again on September 15.


Thanks to your support we are able to dig into the truth about these stories, instead of stopping at the headlines. If you want to do more, upgrade to a Founding Member—we have a goal of getting three new ones today. Or gift a subscription to someone who needs this truth in their life. No matter what, thanks again for all you do.



Republicans Need Three Seats. They’re Losing

 All Three.

The read I’d give a candidate at a kitchen table 60 days before the midterms.

Katie Hobbs is supposed to be in a tight race. She isn’t. Arizona Republicans nominated GOP Rep. Andy Biggs on July 21, and Cook Political Report moved the race toward Democrats. Biggs was one of the biggest supporters of Trump's attempt to block certification of Arizona’s 2020 result. Biggs was also subpoenaed by the Jan 6 committee.

The trend runs one direction. In December, Emerson had the race at 44-43 Hobbs. AARP released a poll on August 6 with Hobbs up 8. HighGround had her up 15 on August 24. RealClearPolitics now puts her poll average lead at 10.8 points, 49.8 to 39.

Biggs can’t hold his own. A HighGround poll found that Hobbs consolidated 93% of Democrats, while Biggs only had 70% of Republicans—with nearly 12% crossing to Hobbs and another 14% still undecided. Independents are more than a third of the electorate, and AARP found them breaking for Hobbs by 26 points. That same poll had Hobbs up 54 among voters ages 18 to 34. Hobbs spent more than $11 million through the primary over Biggs’ $2.4 million, and the Democratic Governors Association has pledged $10 million more.

The attorney general’s race is one everyone needs to watch. AG Kris Mayes won in 2022 by 280 votes out of 2.5 million cast. It was the closest statewide election in the country that year. AARP has her up 48-43 on GOP nominee Warren Petersen, and Noble Predictive Insights has her up 44-38 with 16% still undecided. Petersen ran the Arizona Senate, co-chaired the committee overseeing the Cyber Ninjas 2020 audit, and went to court to defend an 1864 abortion ban after Mayes refused to.

Watch the legislature too. Likely voters favor Democrats by 3 on the generic legislative ballot, a six-point swing, in a state where Republicans have held the House since 1966.

The Bottom Line: Governor, attorney general, and secretary of state are the three offices that run Arizona’s elections and enforce its laws. Democrats hold all three and lead in all three, with Secretary of State Adrian Fontes up 6 on Republican Alex Kolodin. Mayes is still under 50% in both polls. Early voting starts October 7.

Since 2016, I’ve been taking on Trump and his accomplices. Their callousness has brought something out of us that should be terrifying for them—we are weathered. We have grit. We have trudged through this horror story and we are still marching forward.

Christina Hernandez didn't wait for anybody’s permission. Neither did the doctor, or the Nevada town that fought back, or the people who gathered those signatures in Missouri.

We have never bent, and at this point—with 60 days left until the midterms—we aren’t going to break.

This has been a long journey with some tough days. I’m still here because you are. And I truly believe better days are ahead. Join us as a paid subscriber today, to make sure we can sprint through November and beyond:


BEFORE YOU GO: Be sure to hit the like button and restack this edition.

Onward!

Scott


1. The first data center approved on public land was stopped. Is there a data center fight in your community right now?

2. Clarissa Zafirov says she refused to sign a checklist, no matter the repercussions. Have you ever said no to something at work that you knew could cost you? What happened?

Let me know in the comments.


Thanks for your support! Another way to help us out is by gifting subscriptions to friends and family! You can get yours by clicking the link.

For all contact Congress links, or to volunteer, you can go here: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/sign-up-for-the-watchdog-coalition


Main focus today: **Yosemite.** A Nevada developer wants a strip of the park for a private road. Let's stop them: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-congress-stop-trumps-yosemite-giveaway




JUST A FEW COMMENTS: 


The Missouri piece is the one I keep thinking about. They recut Kansas City to end a career. People got the signatures anyway. A court just put the old map back. Don’t tell me petitions are theater.


NC doesn't allow voter-driven ballot initiatives, unfortunately. Only the GOP-controlled General Assembly.


Republicans need to be crushed in every election everywhere in America. And then begin the work and investigations and trials and prosecutions to take back America from this Lawless Dishonest Out of Control Corrupt Regime - including the Executive, Congressional, and Judicial branches of this Criminal gang........


Civic engagement should be taught in schools if not like black history parents have to make sure the children know their history of their families!


No data center fight in my community. Yes. I had a boss whose personalized license plate was entitled “Integrity.” I asked him if he chose Integrity because he doesn’t have any. Of course he fired me.


Sassy woman, telling the truth. Paid the price. Right there with you, Jane.


Good for you!


Whenever anyone has to broadcast that they are a "good Christian", I immediately suspect that they are a hypocrite who has broken one or more of the Ten Commandments.

Just like politicians who claim to be a strong proponent of "Family Values". IMO, that is a sure tell that they have cheated on their partner/spouse or are in the closet about their sexuality


Oh yes. B. S. at its best!


If you live anywhere they’re trying to drop a data center on land nobody voted on, start with Boulder City. Fifteen thousand people just froze the first one BLM approved. Will that happen near you?!


I sure hope so, Sam. I will keep you informed.


BRIAN BENGS is running as an INDEPENDENT in SOUTH DAKATA and has written about DARK MONEY promoting DATA CENTERS: 

We all know that there’s dark money in politics. It’s been one of my main issues throughout this whole campaign. It’s a slinking fear that hangs over every other issue South Dakotans face.


Where there’s people who can’t afford groceries, or small towns shrinking as the local economy slows down, or healthcare that remains just out of reach to regular folks, there’s Big Money interests lying in wait to capitalize on an opportunity. It erodes the very principles of our American republic, the ideals of liberty and hard work and prosperity.


In South Dakota, it’s an issue close to our hearts. I’ve written multiple articles on Kristi Noem’s dark money corruption alone. It’s happening right now, right here in South Dakota. Big Money has already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy politicians who are more favorable to data centers. Oh, and that’s just on state-level races.


Before, when I’ve talked about the influence of Big Money, it’s always been conditional. Folks are worried that Big Money “might” buy our politicians. Big Money “has the power” to outspend regular people to get what it wants. There is no hedging with “if” or “might” anymore. It’s happening, right in front of our eyes.


Big Money interests pushing AI-data centers are playing a massive shell game to hide where their money is going. It goes to PACs, who then shift it to another PAC, and another, until the paper trail is so muddied that no regular person can even tell.


AI-Data Center groups backed 17 primary challengers running for offices in the South Dakota State Legislature. 16 of them won.


My opponent is backed by Big Money, but I’m supported by regular folks like you. New polling has us tied, and puts me in the lead once folks hear more about my opponent and I. If you chip in to the campaign today, it’ll help make sure we get my name, message and background out to as many South Dakotans as possible. Thank you.



If that’s what Big Money is spending just to buy seats in the South Dakota legislature, what kind of money are they putting up for federal seats? Unsurprisingly, a whole lot. My opponent has received max-out, up-to-the-limit donations from nearly the entire executive suites at major tech companies.


On paper, it’s on the up-and-up, but in practice it means that these private corporations are able to give tens of thousands of dollars over their contribution limits in order to buy influence. In any other circumstance where money is moving around, we’d call the practice “structuring.” Structuring is a federal crime. For campaign finance, however, it skates by without scrutiny.


The thing that worries me most is what we can’t see on the paper trail. If this level of corruption is visible and legal, then what’s going on in the background that isn’t? We may be able to see where the money is going, but we can’t see the strings attached in backroom deals and private sit-downs.


A number of South Dakotans I’ve spoken to can’t even conceive that the issues they face will be addressed, or can be addressed. People don’t think their voice, their concerns, or even their votes will be taken into consideration by our politicians. All because Big Money openly controls our politicians.


This race is about a lot of things. It’s about delivering an Independent voice for South Dakota, about making daily life more affordable, and about challenging the status quo and political dysfunction that so many folks are unhappy with. Most of all, it’s about making government work for regular people.


I’m fighting to get Big Money out of politics. I don’t see it as ideological, I see it as absolutely necessary for the future of our republic. Fortunately, I know I’m not alone in this fight.


Thank you for reading.


Brian L. Bengs, Lt Col (Ret)


Independent Candidate for U.S. Senate


The most recent polling has me tied with Mike Rounds in the initial head-to-head. Once folks learn more about me, I jump in the lead, 52% to 44%. To make this a reality in November, we need to get my message out to as many South Dakotans as possible. If you can chip in today, it’ll help make that happen. Thank you.


Also consider resources available such as 

SOUTHERN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW CENTER 

https://www.selc.org/


There is one coming to Hermantown, MN. Residents okayed it. Big bummer. They bought the hype, drank the kool-aid.


It’s hard to believe that Minnesota didn’t stop it. In Texas, I wouldn’t be surprised but they have so much support that I was shocked. I’ve been following you Scott for quite a while & I'm comforted daily by your reporting the people that don’t quit fighting. I hope you get to relax some this weekend. So many of you fighters are going 24 hours a day & I’m grateful but you need rest.


I will be sure to Carol! Thank you so much


I don't know how these people live with themselves. It is so hard to make sense of all the corruption that these people think is OK. When I hear them attack Democrats and stay silent on Trump it is just so ridiculous. It worries me a lot that so many people believe easily proven lies, and don't believe easy checked facts. Thanks for bringing us the facts every day Scott and Sam. Have a great Labor day weekend.


I don't know how these people live with themselves. It is so hard to make sense of all the corruption that these people think is OK. When I hear them attack Democrats and stay silent on Trump it is just so ridiculous. It worries me a lot that so many people believe easily proven lies, and don't believe easy checked facts. Thanks for bringing us the facts every day Scott and Sam. Have a great Labor day weekend.


I don't think it's fear. I think it's hate. They just hate people. They hate Democrats. They hate different races and ethnic groups. Just look at what they are doing. I wouldn't do these things to my worst enemy. They are covering for pedophiles. They are murdering people and blocking investigations. They don't care as long as the dead person was a Democrat they don't care. And they validate it by claiming it was self defense or the unarmed person was a terrorist.


It is hate & only hate. He gives them permission to show it, speak it, do it. He's "their guy" because "he says what I'm thinking", which is a quote from a man on the street interview last year. It showed up as a video on my FB page. It's the most telling reason for their behavior I have read since he slimed his way into our national consciousness. And the most frightening truth because it's true of them all. I remember when republicans had actual integrity & dignity; then nixon poisoned the office of President & removed the door & here we are. What a legacy both nixon & reagan left us.


Agreed, yet hate can be initiated by fear, knowingly or unknowingly.


I saw a study - IIRC it was related to the divergent attitudes towards the Covid vaccine. The thing that stuck with me was the media consumption habits of the too sides. The anti-vaxxers only watched and or listened to Fox News and other outlets even further to the right. Those who supported the vaccines listened to NPR and watched network news, PBS, CNN, etc. and read a newspaper. In general they had a much wider range of sources.

Fox News and their ilk are purveyors of rage, hate and fear IMO.


COVID is a perfect example of FOX NEWS = FAKE NEWS viewers and the PISS POOR SCIENCE EDUCATION provided. 

COVID DEATHS were far higher in REPUBLICAN controlled area (there were many statistical articles). 


The COMMONWEALTH FUND is a non-partisan organization that just 

analyses health statistics. Take a look at the STATES' GRAPH on the front page - YES! There are communities that might lack appropriate sanitation such as NATIVE AMERICAN RESERVATIONS, but that's not always the case. 


https://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/scorecard/2023/jun/2023-scorecard-state-health-system-performance


Let's also remember that the ORANGE TURD promoted the ALIEN SPERM WITCH DOCTOR that JOE LADAPO (Florida's 'PUBLIC HEALTH PROTECTOR') supports.


Ron DeSantis’ New Surgeon General Appeared in ‘Demon Sperm’ Doctor’s COVID Conspiracy Video

excerpt: 

One of the video's main speakers, Dr. Stella Immanuel, is a physician who operates a medical clinic in a Texas strip mall next to her church, Firepower Ministries. In the video, she called hydroxychloroquine a "cure" and said, "You don't need a mask" to prevent the virus' spread.


Immanuel has claimed that ovarian cysts and endometriosis are caused by "demonic seed." Demons insert sperm into sleeping individuals when they have sex in their dreams, Immanuel claimed in articles on her church's website.

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-new-surgeon-general-appeared-demon-sperm-doctors-covid-conspiracy-video-1631372


Examine the rise of HITLER! Groups were TARGETED with HATE! It worked! 

When people scream about FASCISM, how accurate are they?


At least some of the lower courts are functioning properly. It's a travesty that SCOTUS is so dishonest and fascist. SCOTUS reform must begin as soon as the trumpstain is swept away


Given their behavior, I prefer to call them SCROTUS


The corrupt conservative bloc of the SC needs to be made as uncomfortable as possible. A perfect example is the flotilla of watercraft that descended on CJ Roberts' summer home a few weeks ago. I personally believe that a corrupt SC justice's home is fair game for demonstrations - their improper if not illegal conduct to me constitutes a waiver of the proprieties normally accorded a judge.. If not their home, then where they shop, where they eat. Demonstrating at the Supreme Court building is like demonstrating in front of a fortress - utterly useless.


SCOTUS is so corrupt, most of them, that we shouldn't have to obey their rulings. They have nerve passing judgement, should be ashamed to call themselves attorneys or judges. They've thrown any professional ethics out and created chaos. Disgusting. I miss the time when laws meant something and judges were people to admire.


Trenton, Ohio, near me, recently won the right to place a data center issue on the ballot. They collected petitions and advanced a legal challenge to not being allowed to present the issue to the voters.

They won! It will be on the ballot. The town is tiny, but the people have big hearts, and they all came out in force.

As to not signing, some years back I had a full-time job in another state. It was a wonderful place to work! Then we got a new "boss". She made our lives a living nightmare. 30+ people were fired or left voluntarily in the first year. I nearly had a stroke, and had to go on blood pressure medication for the first time in my life. Near the end of the year, both of the supervisory people were either chronically ill, or on the verge of heart attack/stroke. The rest of us were miserable, and some were looking for other positions. I decided that somebody needed to do something, and that because I didn't have any children, nor was I responsible for taking care of an older parent or family member, I should be the one to do it. I wrote a resignation letter which included our grievances and sent a copy of it to the board that had chosen to employ my boss. It set the wheels in motion,

and soon there was a new boss. Unfortunately I left the best job I ever had as far as what I had always wanted to do. And I was unemployed for a number of months, which my husband and I struggled through.

But eventually I found other employment in a similar vein, and if I had it to do over again I would do it in a heartbeat!


That’s a huge win


Rosemary,short clip of a data center “insider” speaking about his experience at an Ohio community meeting. Informative…..and frightening. Is this your area?

https://substack.com/@justindeschamps/note/c-326587767?


Kathy, I can't tell from the clip. But the state is interlaced with similar citizen efforts, and they do depend on and work with each other. That was very interesting. Thank you!


"I had a full-time job in another state. It was wonderful place to work! Then we got a new "boss".

I can definitely sympathize with that. Due to a reorganization, I got a new manager when I was transferred into his department. The complicating factor was that my old 2-level manager was now his boss and he had brought me over to the new department with him.

I think the new boss felt threatened, likely because of how I ended up in the department. It was very stressful, and I no longer wanted to go to work. The reorg was near the end of the year, but I felt obligated to give it a fair shot, so I gave it a year. Due to the salary structure, "bonuses" were paid out in the first quarter of the next year. After I got my payout, I set up a meeting with the boss and announced my retirement. I didn't confront him, but I'm pretty sure he knew why I was leaving especially when I didn't agree to an extended departure date. I was just lucky that I was in a financial position to retire early.


There is a fight over a data center. The die-hard MAGAts are all for it, and my response is always the same: I will think more kindly of the data centers when I hear they are being built in Palm Beach, Florida.


I live near Newburgh, New York. Stewart Airport was originally an AFB. DHS has offices in new Windsor for their lawyers and other personnel very close by. DHS is trying to turn Stewart into a detention center, or what I call a concentration camp because I believe it might be federal land. They went under the radar. Chester New York was able to stop a detention center there and congressman Pat Ryan is fighting any kind of ICE or detention action here. More people need to know about it.


We are having a similar situation in Appleton, MN where a shuttered prison has been bought by ICE, turning it into a "detention center". Rural areas are eager for short-term funding, clueless about the longer-term results. Tragic.


Newburgh is a very depressed town. I’m hopeful there will be rallies here so that the surrounding communities can help keep it from becoming real.


Republicans local on up need to be voted out. In Florida under the radar crap from counties to the state and the media is owned by Sinclair so local news never does anything and laws are passed that are unconstitutional all the time.. if we get them ALL out we have a chance to live in a better future if not it will get worse!!!


Clean sweep would be good. And more attention on Social Democracy like FDR


Thank you for keeping us informed. There is just too much double-dealing and corruption to keep up ! Good way to go o to the Labor Day Weekend!


Check this 3D map of the MAGA land grab of Big Bend & 250 million acres on National Parks & Forests

https://thedemlabs.org/2026/08/18/big-bend-billionaire-national-park-land-grab/


Informative web site. Thanks for the info!


I said “no” years ago when I was a medical resident and I told my department director that I was pregnant. He told me to take two weeks to “think it over”. I wanted to have my child., and I told him so.- I didn’t need to “think it over”. He said that there were no options for maternity leave, and that I had to use up my vacation time to recover and care for my child after he was born. Once I had my baby, I had to find a bathroom to express my breast mil, and after I month I asked to do the following year of residency part-time so that I could breast feed and care for him. He told me he would pay me half my salary if I worked two-thirds of the expected time. I said “no” again.


Think it over?! 😡


“Have I ever said no to something that would affect my job.” Yes. I was employed by an agency that assigned RNs 13 week travel assignments all over the country. I finally received my California license, got an assignment in No Cal. On the fourth night of my 7p-7a shift, management told me I was to float to a unit I’d never seen. I was exhausted, I had never been oriented to that unit, I didn’t know where to hang my jacket, where the med room was, or where to store my lunch. I didn’t know the room numbers. I only had two weeks left on that assignment. I told the manager that I wouldn’t do it, that it potentially compromised patient safety (and my license).

I walked out, phoned my agency supervisor, and asked for a gig in the East Bay. I spent those two weeks camping in the Redwoods, kayaking in LaJolla, and hanging out with my cousins who I hadn’t seen in years. My next assignment was in the East Bay - exactly what I’d hoped for.

Sometimes it’s necessary to just say no.


Wonderful


#MendaciousMenacingMarkwayneMullinMustGo!!!!


"Their callousness has brought something out of us that should be terrifying for them—we are weathered. We have grit. We have trudged through this horror story and we are still marching forward.…We have never bent, and at this point—with 60 days left until the midterms—we aren’t going to break."

This is what I've been telling people -- We The People have what it takes.


1. The first data center approved on public land was stopped. Is there a data center fight in your community right now?

YES, and sad to say we the people are not winning. Too many damn Republicans in place in local gov't. here. OR since this isn't really a partisan thing - too many taking handouts from AI.


The City Council in my city in NC unanimously passed a moratorium on data centers until 2029.

Encouraging news re: AZ elections. Thanks, Scott.


My red state of Florida will probably approve any place, anywhere, any time a data warehouse. The governor and legislature are all trump supporters. This state needs a wake up call.


“Eloise is a 1-year-old mini Jerusalem donkey who lives in Hernando, Florida, a small town in the western part of the state where tourists never venture. She lives a fairly quiet life, sharing the farm with Elsie the cow; goats Honey, Dolly, Roger, Polly, and Dodger; and Tom the turkey. Yet somehow, Eloise has become the face of resistance to data center construction in the area.”

https://www.fastcompany.com/91595750/meet-eloise-the-florida-donkey-taking-on-the-data-center-boom


This news makes the weekend brighter and less stressful, such hard work to stop the distractions DonOld is dumping on us! Each win shows that is all of us together can stop the "Trumpdump". That atrocious arch work is the latest "shove it down their faces" tacky, gaudy 1930's tribute to fascism. Always remember there are more of us than them, and we're getting madder about it the closer we get to the midterms. Walking papers for the MAGAt's in 60 days!


Data center fight in southern New Mexico — Project Jupiter.


For Congress if they can do something now instead of waiting, thank you peoples lives are at stake now

Stop ICE data center that collects everyone’s address and political affiliation Will without a doubt cause harm.

and

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2026/07/ice-dhs-shootings-deception-lies-lorenzo-salgado-araujo-joan-seastian-guerrero/

and

I believe El Niño is caused by countries including ours by not taking climate change seriously enough, fossil fuel, cutting emissions, as well as stopping pesticides on farms etc.

https://apple.news/AbHDPOOIeQdC_fTy2aL2KpQ

And

Stopping poachers from bringing dangerous animals (poisonous snakes, tigers, lions etc) into America to auction them off. This documentary shows wtf

“The elephant in the room” on Prime.

and

The importance of our ecosystem

Fungi, plants and animals (cows need to graze like chickens and other animals,, including birds and bees, they are vital and promote good soil and carbon in the soil) solution Its called regenerative agriculture promotes life, we can feed the world. Industrial agriculture kills our crops with pesticides thereby harming us and breaks up the soil. Stop pesticides. Parts of Africa, India, Australia are doing regenerative agriculture and it’s working.

A thought- If anyone has land or a backyard create a green house depending on where you live, children love to help (small or large one, it’s not too late) horticultural fruits, vegetables, plants even small trees to plant later.

When it rains/snow harness it with a pond, barrels (use your imagination) have it tested for drinking or look online.


VIPCare must stand for “Very In our Pockets.”

Good for Dr Zafirov for holding her ground for all those years!


How about no!


I wanted to report on another issue in Missouri which was won by democracy. Amendment 6 which protects the voters right to a citizen's initiative process and prevents legislators from overturning the will of the people after the vote was challenged by the SOS as insufficient to be on the ballot. We won the right to vote on this amendment by Supreme Court of MO decision unanimously on the same day People not Politicians won their cases.


I find it quite interesting that even though we are aware and agree that there are three LARGE corps that are screwing everyone, which are: Big Oil, Big Ag & Big pharma. The observations show that most dems do not do any deep dives into the 'norms' of most of the pharmaceutical recommendations. We give a lot of grief to those who do not fact check the liar in the whitehouse yet we fail to do serious fact checking on big pharma .. It's not cool! (there is a big difference between honest research and research designed to garner specific results) There are a lot of ill-gotten gains inside of big pharma.


Some MAGAs are definitely done with the con man. This is good. Missouri court doing justice is surprising but great!


Living in AZ since 1972, I cringe at the thought of Andy Biggs becoming AZ's next governor. I read the polls information, but remain skeptical after what happened with tRUMP vs Hillary. Let us hope these poll numbers hold!

As others have said, wishing you and Sam get needed rest/relaxation with family and friends! Thanks for the work you both do! PS: How are you two connected?


Scott, I live in Mount shasta California Siskiyou County.

A company contacted our city manager, wanting to purchase an abandoned water bottling plant to convert it into a data center. Thankfully, our town is somewhat not interested but the plant area is owned by Siskiyou County.

There is talk of a data center in the city of weed where the mill burned down not long ago… That would be right in the middle of town.

I’ve also read from an article in SF gate that our county planner is trying to push for a data center in the county. The group Siskiyou County economic development council also seems in favor.

We are trying to coordinate and put together a petition and a moratorium against any and all data centers.

It would take our water, destroy the quiet that we all moved here for, drive up our electric bills that we can’t even afford now… And what provide about seven jobs?…But there are lots of people up here who believe Trump who is pro data center.

This is not gonna be easy.


For too many years the GOP has sided with corruption, and now fascism. Vote them out and support the release of uncensored Epstein documents that snare the GOP and POTUS.


Data centers in Wisconsin has recently put an 18 month moratorium on MW data centers. Kind of interesting to note the failed foxconn development that was promised in the Kenosha (Mount Pleasant) area never did take off, so now there are multiple data centers put in place. Now there are noise lawsuits, specifically against Microsoft. Also of note, townships of Wrightstown and Beloit have successfully implemented moratoriums as well. The township of Menomonie created the blueprint on how to do this, and other municipalities are taking that blueprint. So, as bad as it is with the number of data centers already operational, the townships are fighting back and hoping the new governor will not bend to the pressure of these economic and environmental disasters in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Critics of the Legislature’s productivity ignore a key legal distinction setting Mass. apart from nearly all other states

                                                                                        LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER..... OR REMOVED ON ...