LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER.....
OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM!
ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON
MIDDLEBORO REVIEW AND SO ON
BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE TRUTH OR FACTS!
BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE FUND RAISERS AND DELETES
POSTS THAT INCLUDE FUNDRAISING THAT 'VIOLATES THEIR
UNDEFINED COMMUNITY STANDARDS SO ALL 'FUND RAISING'
IS DELETED - CONTRIBUTE AS YOU ARE INCLINED TO SUPPORT
IMPORTANT ISSUES! THESE ARE NOT SOLICITATIONS
Good morning, everybody. As you know, this is my Sunday morning coffee post. It’s my favorite post of the week because it’s a chance for us to slow down for a little while, have a cup of coffee together, reflect on the week behind us, talk about what’s ahead, and just spend some time together as a community. I always want to begin by saying thank you. This community was built by you. Every story we cover, every interview we conduct, every lawsuit we report on, every milestone we reach is possible because you believe in independent news and because you continue showing up day after day. I’m incredibly grateful to be in this fight alongside you. We’re in the thick of the biggest test our democracy has faced. Every day seems to bring another attempt to normalize corruption, weaken democratic institutions, or distract people from what’s actually happening. But every day I also see something incredibly hopeful. I see this community growing. I see people refusing to give in to cynicism. I see millions of people demanding accountability, demanding facts, and demanding that independent journalism continue doing the work that too many corporate outlets have stopped doing. One of the moments that really stood out to me this week was the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. Watching members of the Washington press establishment laughing and socializing with senior administration officials at a moment like this perfectly captured why so many Americans have lost faith in corporate media. That event wasn’t a celebration of journalism. It felt like a reminder how captured corporate news has become. Donald Trump’s appearance only reinforced that feeling. I thought the speech was bizarre, unfocused, and angry and fascist. It veered from personal attacks to rambling stories that showed how cognitively impaired and demented Trump is. At the same time, we’ve continued covering developments involving Iran in a way that I think has demonstrated exactly why independent reporting matters. For weeks, we’ve relied on satellite imagery, regional reporting, and open-source intelligence to help our audience understand what was actually happening rather than simply repeating official talking points. As additional reporting has emerged, more outlets have begun acknowledging challenges facing U.S. operations and the broader regional situation. Whatever happens next, our commitment remains the same: follow the facts wherever they lead and report honestly, even when doing so isn’t politically convenient. One interview that generated a tremendous amount of discussion this week was my conversation with Congresswoman Ansari. We talked extensively about congressional oversight, what accountability could look like if Democrats regain control of the House, and the types of investigations she believes Congress should pursue. If you haven’t seen that interview yet, I hope you’ll take the time to watch it because it sparked an important conversation about the role Congress plays in holding government accountable. I’m also incredibly proud of the work our own team continues to do. Katie Phang has been relentless in pursuing transparency through the courts. We’ll see where the litigation ultimately leads, but watching her fight for accountability reminds me why independent journalists can make such an enormous difference. It is genuinely an honor to have her on the MeidasTouch team. And Katie is far from alone. Watching Scott MacFarlane continue producing outstanding reporting from Washington, Tennessee Brando connecting with audiences in his own unique way, Dina Doll bringing important stories to light, Michael Popok breaking down complex legal issues, Justin Wolfers joining us as our Chief Economist, Aaron Parnas covering breaking international developments, Pablo Manríquez leading the conversation on Capitol Hill with interviews that everyone ends up talking about—and so many others across the MeidasTouch Network—has been incredibly rewarding. What makes me proud isn’t simply that they’re talented journalists or commentators. It’s that they’re all committed to the same mission. They care deeply about getting the facts right, asking tough questions, and serving this community instead of serving powerful interests. As I sit here writing this at the end of July with my Sunday morning coffee, I keep thinking back to the conversations we had together at the beginning of this year. We talked about where we wanted to take MeidasTouch. We talked about investing in more reporters, expanding our coverage, strengthening our Capitol Hill presence, bringing on more experts, and continuing to build the leading independent news network in the country. When I look back on those goals, I honestly think we’ve accomplished so much of what we set out to do. There’s still a tremendous amount of work ahead. We are nowhere close to finished. But we’ve built something together that didn’t exist just a few years ago. We’ve expanded our reporting, grown our team, broken major stories, conducted interviews that shape the national conversation, and continued proving that independent media can compete with—and often outperform—the biggest corporate news organizations. None of that belongs to me. It belongs to all of us. Every subscription, every comment, every share, every conversation you have with family and friends, every time you help someone discover independent news—you’ve helped build this community. That’s something nobody can ever take away from us. So this morning, more than anything else, I simply wanted to say thank you. Thank you for believing in this mission. Thank you for believing in independent journalism. Thank you for believing that democracy is worth fighting for. If you’re able, please consider becoming a paid subscriber. Your support allows us to keep hiring reporters, expanding our coverage, investing in investigative journalism, and growing this movement together. And if you already are a paid subscriber, thank you. You are making all of this possible. Leave a comment and let me know what’s on your mind. I always enjoy reading them with my Sunday morning coffee. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Spend time with the people you love. Recharge if you can. Tomorrow we get back to work. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for standing with the MeidasTouch community. Let’s keep fighting together. |
JUST A FEW OF MANY INFORMED COMMENTS:
I am so sorry, for your help ,your commitment, it's horrible the United States doesn't have your back. You should be in a safe place, living your life as promised. I pray we make it right by you., in the very near future.
Thank you for your relentless efforts in fighting for democracy.
Meidastouch Dream Team is Awesome 👏🏻! It’s a dream come true that we have some of the most patriotic and passionate people who are fighting to save our democracy.
There were quite a few snarky things being said right in front of the malignant narcissist president that i found quite pleasing.
You and Heather Cox Richardson are my “go to” news sources plus PBS. I live in South Carolina—need I say more??? I am certainly disappointed that all the media is focused on Rs running for Senate; they rarely mention Annie. She is a formidable and hard working candidate. Go Annie! I hope you will write more about her and interview her.
Even as a 🇨🇦 saying I enjoyed Watching Trump squirm while Wolf Blitzer announced the journalists names and their accomplishments to win an award for exposing Trumps shameful actions was an understatement 👏🫶🏻🥳
I didn’t watch the WHCD but I did see a few excerpts after the fact, including Blitzer’s presentation.
And as recipients were shaking hands with Trump, it looked like he was leaning in, preparing to give and receive a hug from the first recipient who was a woman. But she turned and walked away. And at first trump looked stunned then he shrugged. Maybe he was shocked about being shunned.
Another poster above remarked that trump received way too much acquiescence from the relatively small crowd. I agree.
He actually insulted them directly to their faces. The whole event was a farce. Trump actually stole the event and now he owns it. And the deferential performative tone of the event definitely diminished the credibility of the WHCA.
Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I agree that you have put together a dream team. I look forward to reading your Substacks every day.
Where would we be without all of you. From me and my incredible family. Many heart felt thank you’s to everyone. Love you all
Coming to the realization that Trump is not a president, but, rather, a Regime Dictator, suddenly, it all makes sense.
It is beyond difficult to accept the fact that our country is turning authoritarian. It just sounds so, extreme. Which is why so many people turn a blind eye towards it. But history has shown us, repeatedly, this is exactly what is occurring.
I’m particularly grateful for your Iran coverage. Nowhere else can I find out the truth!
Thank you for your honest, accurate detailed reporting. The Midas team is the best! There are many on your team but…one person can make a difference. You have proved that, Ben.
Can you investigate the companies doing all the construction for the DC vanity projects. Who are they? How are they getting their subcontractors and labor? How are they getting inspections? How are they being paid? He could not be destroying our Capitol without complicity
Ben, I've already been up and at 'em for three hours, but wait eagerly for your Sunday a.m. coffee chat (on my last cup of the day now). I feel in my gut a bit of a sea change with people FINALLY opening their eyes and seeing what I've been seeing since 2015-even before that with the tea party. I'll even use the orange felon's words; "if we don't fight like hell we won't have a country anymore", and THAT is where independent journalism comes in-the brains behind project 2025 did NOT count on it, nor did they count on the courts pushing back. I think we're going to see a LOT MORE failure on the part of this administration because WE THE PEOPLE are fighting back.
Great work Ben and the Meidas Touch Network! Thank you for reporting these insane events as they unfold in real time without corporate media revisions. The American people and the people of the world deserve to have truthful media reporting without bias and threat of prosecution by this disgusting lump of orange clay in the Whitehouse.
I would like you to discuss the most recent passage of the war powers bill in legislation, that I am told, includes a clause where the Israeli and US Militaries will merge! Please tell me this is speculation and was not in fact hidden deep in this bill! I look forward to hearing the facts as you discover them.
Adam
100 days until the midterms.VOTE💙
Please make wise choices and don't fall for the AIPAC - ANTI-DEMOCRACY candidates that they're promoting! Watch out for the ANONYOUS DARK MONEY propaganda that seems real!
Make sure to do your research.
New Hampshire is a prime example! SUNUNU is a LOBBYIST, wrote ANTI- RENEWABLES article, but DARK MONEY is flooding the markets.
SUNUNU campaign donors are EPSTEIN supporters. Meidas reported:
John Sununu Campaign Took Money from Donors With Epstein Ties
Sununu’s donor list is a who’s who of the Epstein class
May 2, 2026
https://meidasnews.com/news/john-sununu-campaign-took-major-donations-from-close-epstein-associates?cdmc=3D7XSJl0rHdxO3tijprs7sn8qou&refcode2=3D7XSJl0rHdxO3tijprs7sn8qou&refcodecdmc=3D7XSJl0rHdxO3tijprs7sn8qou
CHRIS PAPPAS is running a grassroots campaign.
Don't miss this gem from LEGAL AF:
Iran War Expert EXPOSES Trump ESCALATION TRAP!!!
Jul 25, 2026 Court of History
Sidney Blumenthal and Sean Wilentz speak with Robert Pape, political scientist at the University of Chicago, expert in international affairs and military strategy, on Trump’s escalation trap in his Iran War, his disastrous decisions, his threat to the global economy, how he makes bad decisions, and the potential for even more danger ahead.
https://youtu.be/p0LmoPDXoQA?si=6zmMSJs4OGhZARyj
No sane person can keep track of their evil actions which is their intent!
There were a number of PETITIONS circulated opposing merging US & ISRAELI militaries.
(Anti-Israeli sentiment in the US is rising.)
You might also consider reading SCOTT DWORKIN's posts and send letters.
We subscribe to EVERY email outlet that provides PETITIONS such as CIVIC SHOUT, the Juggernaut Project, DEMAND PROGRESS and ENVIRONMENTAL SITES.
ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION solicited comments to BLM to BAN CYANIDE BOMBS and 38,000 people responded.
From DEMAND PROGRESS:
More than 100 U.S. Representatives voted last week to block $3.3 billion in military funding for Israel. It's a seismic shift, bringing Congress closer to ending U.S. complicity with Israel's atrocities in Gaza, the West Bank, Lebanon, and Iran.
There was also a CIVIC SHOUT PETITION being circulated DEMANDING that MAINE investigate and prosecute the MENTALLY ILL ICE GESTAPO THUG:
The family of David Brouillette — the ICE officer who shot and killed a Colombian man in Maine — told the Associated Press that he struggled with serious mental health issues since early childhood and never should have been given a badge and a gun. His precise hiring circumstances remain unclear, but the revelation fits a pattern: an AP investigation earlier this year found that applicants with questionable histories were either not fully vetted or were hired despite their past.
DAILY DOSE OF DEMOCRACY offers a number of PETITIONS as well.
CIVIC SHOUT NEWSLETTERS:
https://civicshout.com/newsletters?utm_source=www.readthehound.com&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=the-hound-july-22&_bhlid=0703fefebc604e900c5ab19117bc9bc20d43f738
Regarding the freedom and democracy fronts, we need much more daily coverage of what ICE is doing. In-depth, even embedded coverage is urgently necessary. Gestapo, Stasi, and now ICE. Thrice-daily takedowns of Trump only underscore the calculated distraction the fascist regime puts out to keep us from understanding the speed and scope of the totalitarianism that Vought et al. are hellbent on imposing on all of us.
ARSENAL PAC is doing factual reporting of ICE GESTAPO KILLINGS that you might review.
STATUS COUP is reporting on ICE activities, linked to MEIDAS. Check their YOU TUBE videos.
Fighting against corruption and protecting democracy is a very important duty today. I am a left behind Afghan ally still waiting in Afghanistan after serving with US forces. We follow your reporting every day with hope. Strong communities and honest news give strength to people who are fighting for their rights and safety. Thank you for your hard work