Sunday, October 4, 2026

“Songs In The Key of Life”

                    

 LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER.....

OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM!

ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON

MIDDLEBORO REVIEW AND SO ON

BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE TRUTH OR FACTS!

BLOGGER DOESN'T LIKE FUND RAISERS AND DELETES

POSTS THAT INCLUDE FUNDRAISING THAT 'VIOLATES THEIR

UNDEFINED COMMUNITY STANDARDS SO ALL 'FUND RAISING'

IS DELETED - CONTRIBUTE AS YOU ARE INCLINED TO SUPPORT

IMPORTANT ISSUES! THESE ARE NOT SOLICITATIONS


“Songs In The Key of Life”

A Reason To Smile


One of the all-time great albums dropped 50 years ago this week: Stevie Wonder’s “Songs In The Key of Life.” It is our reason to smile.

The groundbreaking, double album immediately went to No. 1, where it stayed for 13 weeks. It won the Grammy for Album of the Year. The Library of Congress deemed it “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” when it was inducted into the National Recording Registry. It is one of the best-selling albums of all time.

Wonder, a musical prodigy, signed with Motown Records when he was just 11 years old and had his first hit at 13. The genre-spanning singer-songwriter soon abandoned the Motown sound in favor of one driven by keyboards and synthesizers to produce his own brand of soul, R&B, pop, funk, and gospel. All of which can be heard on “Songs In The Key of Life.”

The album is stuffed with so many big hits and hidden gems, it was hard to pick just one. We decided on “Isn’t She Lovely.” You may think it is a love song, and it is, of sorts. Wonder wrote it to celebrate the birth of his daughter, Aisha. On the album, the song begins with her newborn cries.

Artists from Whitney Houston to Elton John have been inspired by the album. “Let me put it this way: wherever I go in the world, I always take a copy of ‘Songs In The Key of Life.’ For me, it’s the best album ever made, and I’m always left in awe after I listen to it,” John told Rolling Stone.

The 76-year-old Wonder is hitting the road in the coming weeks to celebrate this anniversary with a 17-city world tour. He will play the entire album start to finish. If you can’t make it to see one of his shows, I encourage you to listen to the album.

Wonder spoke about the album to Q Magazine in 1995. “Of all the albums, ‘Songs In The Key of Life’ I’m most happy about. Just the time, being alive then. To be a father and then… letting go and letting God give me the energy and strength I needed.”


Please consider supporting my team’s efforts to protect our democracy through the power of independent journalism by becoming a paid subscriber. It’s one of the best deals on Substack. I thank you for your support.


No matter how you subscribe, I thank you for reading, watching, and listening.

Stay Steady,

Dan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

“Songs In The Key of Life”

                       LOTS OF POSTS IGNORED BY BLOGGER..... OR REMOVED ON THEIR WHIM! ALL POSTS ARE AVAILABLE ON MIDDLEBORO REVIEW AND SO O...